An Alarm - 09-20-13

In contrary to the unlighted streets in the suburb the Hotel I stay at was flooded with light when we arrived on Thursday night after a friend gave me a ride from a colleague's home where everybody was invited to a great Turkish dinner (many thanks to our hosts (!), I'm still fascinated how you managed to cook so delicious food in such a short time for so many people).

To be honest, I'm not to keen on strolling around alone after dawn, so I didn't know how the Hotel facility looked like during night. Additionally, some lights in some rooms flickered which attracted my friend's attention - they are a part of the fire alarm system. Thus, after a few moments, all guests had gathered themselves in the forecourt. We didn't have to wait  for the firefighters, but they were too relaxed to be alarmed by an actual emergency...

... it turned out, that somebody was not really skilled in microwaving popcorn (hu, it wasn't the wing I stayed in). Finally, we got back to our rooms pretty quickly and my friend, who stayed to see if everything turned out alright, left to drive home. Nevertheless, we saw an original fire engine: