A Final Goodbye; my come back ;-) – 09-28-13



That’s boring, sorry. No alarm, no excited officer, not even a word to the whole pharmacy I transported with me (of course, in the pre-scribed squared zip-back, in total not more than 3 oz ;-)). I’d just got a huge grin on my face after leaving the security control. At least my last work day was finished by an emergency alarm in the neighbor building (evacuating that one, including the parking lot). 

And now I’m sitting at the airport waiting for my flight (in four hours…), reading the time I calculated for the police to arrive for checking the medications I wanted to get on the airplane (eye drops for a good friend), me, explaining over and over again, that, yes, indeed, those fifteen pages explained the content of the liquid, but.. no :-)

I’m glad about that and somehow, indeed, it’s sad to leave, but I think the joy to see my family again will outweigh the loss of finishing the project early and to cement new friendships. For sure, Vuk, YoonYoung, Sheng and all the others, we’ll stay in touch! Many thanks again to everybody in our group and the nice time we had together! I enjoyed working with you and getting to know you a lot!

Thus, I leave a report to be proofread and many ideas behind… and a country which has got the potential to be “visited” again! Nevertheless, my whole life... Errr, maybe right now I am still too “European” if this mode exists to imagine the rest of my time in the US; but a great part of me will stay there ;-)

Okay, so far this blog was “funny” to write: Just the rather exciting stuff, something’s always fascinating to report, not the boring things, like my regular getting up, how I’m alone, except Skype-contacts in the evening… There haven’t been any friends or family around (except my colleagues and Benni ;-)) and that was sometimes slightly exhausting. Therefore the additional greatest thanks to my family in Germany who supported me with regular Skype calls, long mails during the week and all possible emotional, immaterial and financial support I could imagine. I can’t express the thanks you deserve in words.  This also concerns my friends in Australia, UK and Germany who (I hope ;-)) survived my spam mails.

Furthermore a great thank-you to the German Academic Exchange Service and to the German National Academic Foundation for sponsoring me. I don’t want to miss the experiences and possibilities I got here – a mile stone and a signpost for the future!

 Thus, Max, my extended luggage will arrive soon :-) See you and everybody else then. Cheers!